In 1837 the clerks and surveyor sumitted to the Trustees a report on the Cheadle turnpike roads. Among their recommendations was the sale of the existing toll house at Ipstones and erection of a house, gate and bar in place of an existing chain. This they argued would be a more convenient position. The recommendation was evidently adopted for there now stands a toll house at the top end of the village, where the road to Butterton Moor End is join by that to Foxt. the house. Formerly showing the brick construction, windows of interlaced Gothic glazing bars and porch projecting from an octagonal extension, now the building is a private dwelling, much altered with new windows and rendering.