This year's theme is Wind in the Willows.
From Friday evening through to Sunday pm a collection of events organised by a variety of organisations from the Churnet Valley. This hugely popular festival of family-friendly events is raising thousands of pounds for good causes.
Friday evening: Murder mystery evening and pie and pea supper.
Saturday: Oakamoor Hill climb; flower and produce show; flower festival in the church; teas in village hall;
Sunday: Dog show; raft race.
And throughout the event look out for scarecrows around Oakamoor.
Flower & Produce Schedule
This is last year's schedule to give you an idea. The 2018 schedule has not been published yet.
Entry fee per class £1 Children 50p
- Vase of mixed flowers
- One specimen rose
- Vase of flowers of one kind
- Collection of herbs in a vase
- Flower arrangement in a basket
- Six gooseberries on a plate
- Three sticks of rhubarb
- One lettuce any variety
- One cucumber
- Three onions of one variety
- Three beetroot any variety
- Collection of vegetables in a box or basket
- Six chocolate brownies (As per recipe)
- A celebration cake “The Glory of the Garden”(Own recipe)
- Savoury quiche (23cm – 8inch) (Own Recipe)
- A Victoria jam sandwich cake (8”– 23cm tin as per recipe)
- Chutney (1lb jar)
- Marmalade (1lb Jar)
- 1 jar lemon curd (As per recipe)
- Fruit jam (1lb Jar)
- 1lb plaited loaf of bread (your own recipe and shape)
- Three eggs of the same colour and size
- Six small “Flower” Cakes (Children 6-8, 8-12)
- A picture made of seeds (Children 6-8, 8-12)
- An A4 photograph of Oakamoor - relates to the theme of the year
- A one metre x 30 cms (39” x 12”) knitted scarf to own design
- A homecrafted soft item (embroidery, knitting, fabric)
- A piece of homemade jewellery